Contracts Assistant at South Tahoe Public Utility District in SOUTH LAKE TAHOESouth Lake Tahoe, 96150 | 06/04/2021 | Ad id: 4-0000693524-01
$20.92 - $23.07 Hourly
South Lake Tahoe, CA
6/17/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
South Tahoe Public Utility District is looking for a Temporary Contracts Assistant.
Time span of position: One year assignment and position continuation will be assessed on an annual basis.
Hours worked: Averages 19 hours per week. Not to exceed 999 hours in the fiscal year.
Under the supervision of the Contracts Administrator and oversight of the Engineering Department Manager, the Contracts Assistant performs a wide variety of administrative, secretarial and archival duties for the Engineering Department.
1. Support the Contracts Administrator in project contracting efforts, including but not limited to: setting up project files and construction documentation system, reproducing contract documents, preparing meeting agendas, maintaining bid records, routing documents for signature, filing and tracking project notices, transcribing field recordings, and other duties as assigned.
2. Under general supervision, help maintain the Engineering Department Library, archiving and organizing project files, property files, planning documents and historical reports.
3. Provide secretarial support for the Engineering Department, producing accurately typed documents, coordinating and supporting meetings, and performing District errands in a timely manner.
4. Process and file department invoices; assist with the setup and administration of consultant contracts.
Education & Experience Requirements
Experience performing responsible work in the administration and secretarial field is desirable.
Experience working with contracts and regulations, especially construction and public works related, is desirable.
High school graduate or equivalent.
1. Requires excellent organizational skills.
2. Must be proficient in word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
3. Must be able to learn archival software, as well as various web-based document management platforms.
4. Must be generally computer- and internet-literate.
5. Requires the ability type accurately from audio files or clear copy at a speed of not less than 50 net words per minute.
6. Requires the ability to work independently to carry out basic tasks and devise improvements as necessary.
7. Requires the ability to read, understand, and follow written or verbal instructions.
8. Requires the ability to maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers and supervisors.
9. Requires a valid, current drivers' license, acceptable by the State of California, with a driving record which enables insurability.
10. Must have current, valid CPR and First Aid certificates, or ability to obtain within two (2) years of hire date.